Welcome to Leaderlink
Valley Leadership’s new alumni engagement opportunity, LeaderLink builds the capacity of the nonprofit sector by providing comprehensive board training to Leadership Institute alumni and then linking them to nonprofits recruiting board members. LeaderLink’s objectives are to:
- Strengthen the community by helping organizations find skilled, dedicated volunteer leaders for their board of directors
- Engage Leadership Institute graduates by helping them find new opportunities to put their leadership skills to use
Comprehensive board training is offered to Valley Leadership alumni. The training, delivered by the project’s partner, Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits, prepares leaders to serve on a nonprofit board of directors by equipping them with knowledge, strategies, and tools to maximize their effectiveness and understanding. Two trainings are offered annually: a 1.0 session for those new to board service and a 2.0 session for those seasoned with board experience who are interested in learning industry trends and best practices.
The trainings focus on the major elements of nonprofit stewardship, including:
- Board governance and dynamics
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Fundraising and development strategies
- Marketing and promotion of the agency
- Strategic planning for long-term growth and stability
- Trends in board governance and nonprofits
Real people are finding real opportunities and are connecting for the good of the community. Patricia Ewanski found her passion through LeaderLink. Read more about Patricia on page 10 of the SRP Newsletter.